Tuesday 26 January 2010

How many bags of crisps to Paris?

Dom here; the late call up.

Having spent Friday getting my pupils at school to work out how many packets of crisps of energy would be required to cycle from London to Paris it dawned on me I should really get a bike.

Also with 8bags of crisps required per Kg to get to Paris (if the journey was flat and ignoring air resistance and bike efficiency) the lighter the bike seems to be the best option or do I go for the heavier bike just to make it harder for myself ?

Whatever I choose it cannot compete with Hadsi’s bike which must weigh a ton considering it was built before carbon fibres or even Aluminium was used to make bikes, I wonder if the wheels are the same size?

Going to do my first bit of cycling in the gym tonight it will double up as a revision session for my year 11s they will be working out in the gym while I sit on a bike and fire questions at them for an hour, quality teaching.

I’m really looking forward to the challenge and am going to start the fundraising part now for the special cause.

Dom Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment