Monday 22 March 2010

Blood, Sweat and Torn Medail Patellar Retinaculum

Talk about bad timing to overdo the training ... After hearing about my big brothers dedicated efforts and by the sounds of his E-mails Marco just seems short of a cape, I thought I needed to give a big push to get 'match' ready.

As it turns out "knee says no !!!".

This was a massive blow and it knocked me for six, panic set in - only 3 weeks to go and I am struggling to walk let alone ride a bike.

So damage limitation is the plan of action, strict regime of leg up on sofa, comfort eating jammie dodgers and ice packs should help. Next; Physio appointment to make sure that it is not ligament damage and just a muscle pull.

To my relief my worst fears were quashed and I was told that I had only torn my Medail Patellar Retinaculum (or large muscle that runs down inside of knee from your thigh to you and me).

The Physio, a semi pro road bike racer, gave me some great advice - take it easy, still train, but with low impact and lower the seat on my bike to take load off my knee when extended.

So with 2 weeks remaining I am on the mend and with bit of added trepidation am raring to get to that start line and get on our long road to Paris.

Buggs

No comments:

Post a Comment